Discover the nature and work of the Holy Spirit, His work in the salvation of mankind and His special end-time ministry for the people of God.
Erwin R. Gane, PhD, is the retired editor of the adult Sabbath School Lesson Quarterly. In addition to pastoring churches, most of his service has been in the field of education including Avondale College, Union College, and Pacific Union College. He has written six books--his latest is entitled: You Ask, God Answers. In his retirement Dr. Gane is occupied with research, writing, teaching, and preaching.
- Who is the Holy Spirit (50:06) - The Holy Spirit is a Person and the Deity. As God He is equal with the Father and the Son.
- The Holy Spirit's Call (45:17) - The Spirit calls us from lives of sin, giving victory over our fallen nature and our sinful behavior. (Minor distortion)
- Transformed by the Spirit (41:35) - The new birth (justification) is Christ's righteousness counted for us and bestowed upon us.
- Made Holy by the Spirit (42:11) - Holiness (sanctification) is Christ possessed in our hearts by the presence of the Holy Spirit.
- Victorious by the Spirit (44:18) - The Holy Spirit gives victory over sin, not freedom from human perfection.
- The Former Rain (43:56) - Pentecost was the former rain historically. For us the former rain is the new birth, which must be renewed daily.
- Sealed by the Spirit (1:19:29) - The first seal of the Spirit is the new birth. The second seal (the end-time seal) prepares us for the coming of Jesus.
- The Latter Rain (48:23) - This is the final great outpouring of the Spirit upon those who receive the end-time seal of God.
These presentations come on 8 CDs.